Sunday, December 12

Alexander Cocktail No. 2


Alexander Cocktail No. 2:
  • 1 oz. Brandy
  • 1 oz. Cream
  • 1 oz. Creme de Cacao
Shake and strain into 4 oz. Cocktail glass.

Here's why the Brandy Alexander is the most famous member of this family. Something about the combination of Brandy (which is a wine derivative) and Chocolate works pretty well. Certainly much better than Gin, in my opinion.

I think this is one of few cocktails that almost every source gets correct, which isn't really all that surprising, given the simple 1-1-1 ratio. For all that though, I'm either not a huge fan of chocolate in alcohol, or I'm not a huge fan of the product that I'm using (Marie Brizard's White Cacao Liqueur). I can't honestly say I've got a lot of experience with Chocolate drinks, and this is most certainly a dessert drink, given both the texture imparted upon it with the creme and, well, the presence of the chocolate. It's good and iconic for a reason, just probably not one of my personal faves.

No comments:

Post a Comment