Monday, August 30

New Goals:

1) To read something new every week, to further my development as a human being. This week, Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven, but Nobody Wants to Die by David Crowder and Mike Hogan. It's infectious and I couldn't put it down, mostly because it's written in a style that means that, if I went off and thought about something else for a while, I'd completely lose the strain of his/their thoughts. It further convinces me that David Crowder is a genius of great magnitude, mostly meaning that he thinks like me. Drawing from varied sources and not being afraid to ask the question. Awesome.

2) To write something new every week, to further my development as a musician. In this sense, meaning, developing a fully-formed composition every week, not just throwing some stuff together and calling it good. In my experience, this usually takes between 1 and 10 hours of concentrated effort, so it's definitely not too much to ask of my infinite "free" time. Also, did you know that Bach wrote 1126 compositions throughout his lifetime? Not just keyboard and organ works either, but fully-conceived orchestral works. I can manage a few minutes of original music a week.

Basically, this all boils down to, "do something and don't sit around all day on the internet and playing video games." Which I'm good with. Also, of a general note, I need to find at least an hour a day in which to be musical. Piano, guitar, writing, doesn't matter, so long as I'm getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment