Saturday, August 29

More introductions: Links

I've got a real post coming up soon, probably even today, but I wanted to point you towards my links section. If something is awesome, I'll post about it, but the links on the right are all blogs or websites I follow with regularity. These are people who, for the most part, haven't succumbed to the dreaded blog cycle and actually do post stuff all the time.

The first section has some of my favorite guitarists, most of whom do the church thing. When I've needed some advice about how to actually be a worship leader or how to somehow fit guitar into a church, or anything like that, I've learned a lot from these people. There's a whole other set of websites that I follow that are more about worship and less about music, but these are a good start. They're all good, but if you can only check out one, check out Karl. He's just so...splendid.

Also, not listed because he definitely fell off the train a while back, but a really good source for a worship guitarist is worshipguitarguy. I keep hoping he'll come back...

Below that is the hall of booze nerds. Again, this is just the highlights. There's so much out there, which is really comforting when I question if I'm just an alcoholic trying desperately to rationalize my addiction...hey, at least I'm not alone! Each of those links are a little different take on how to make the perfect cocktail, which ranges from professional bartenders trying to perfect their craft to nerds like me who just want a good drink. The coolest one over there, called Small Screen Network, is a group of people who put up videos. Definitely recommend Raising the Bar and The Cocktail Spirit.

What I like about all of the sites that I have over there is that they're all like me. When I find something that drives me, I spend an unhealthy amount of time devoted to whatever the addiction du jour happens to be. The sites on the right seem to be very different from one another, but they are all inhabited by passionate people who are consumed by what they love. That's the best description of me that I can come up with.